- To foster networks for mutual sharing, innovative thinking and creative problem-solving to move evidence-based practice initiatives into clinical realities.
- To test a novel approach to infuse evidence-based practice through interagency partnerships within a community.
- To promote expertise in evidence-based practice through workshops and other learning opportunities.
- To disseminate our experiences and our outcomes.
- To improve the health of our community.
Evidence-based practice institute
Our primary initiative is to collaborate as a community to provide the Evidence-Based Practice Institute (EBPI) as a means towards improving healthcare practices throughout San Diego County. The EBPI uses an innovative staff development and mentorship model to empower clinicians in all areas of practice to participate in advancing practice through evidence-based change. The model offers professional development opportunities for dyads of mentors and fellows, resulting in enhanced job satisfaction and team cohesion. The institute extends over 9 months (March through November) providing theory and experiential learning opportunities. The mentor/fellow dyads implement an evidence-based practice change project in their practice environment. The curriculum is designed using participant-centered, practice-based learning approaches to knowledge transfer.